As a real estate agent, creating videos is one of the most effective ways to promote your listings, build your brand, and engage with potential clients. In today’s digital age, video content is more important than ever, as it provides an engaging and immersive way for people to learn about properties, neighborhoods, and the local real estate market. Not to mention, NAR says that the average person watches 19 hours of videos online per week, compared to just 10.5 in 2018.
Here are a few videos that should be a part of every real estate agent’s marketing strategy. So get to shooting!
- Virtual Property Tours: Virtual property tours offer an interactive and engaging way for potential buyers to view a property. This can save time and reduce the number of in-person viewings, allowing agents to focus on the properties that are the best fit for their clients. Furthermore, virtual tours allow clients to get a feel for the space from the comfort of their own home, making the process of finding a new home more convenient.
- Neighborhood Tours: Neighborhood tours provide an opportunity to showcase the local community, including nearby attractions, schools, and amenities. These types of videos can help attract potential buyers to the area and highlight the benefits of living in the community, making your listings more appealing to potential clients.
- Client Testimonials: Sharing client testimonials is a great way to build trust and credibility with potential clients. Testimonials can provide insight into the agent’s level of service, the properties they have sold, and the overall experience of working with them.
- Expert Advice and Tips: By offering valuable insights and tips on buying or selling a property, you can establish yourself as a knowledgeable and trusted expert in your field. This type of content can also help potential clients feel more confident in their decision-making process and may lead to more referrals and repeat business.
- Behind the Scenes: Behind-the-scenes videos give potential clients an inside look at what it’s like to work with a real estate agent. These types of videos can help humanize the agent and provide a more personal touch to their marketing efforts.
Now that you have a clear idea of the videos you want to start making, what tools and software are needed?
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need a dedicated film studio to produce excellent videos. All you need is:
- Smartphone: According to BombBomb, a smartphone with a high-quality camera can be all you need to get started with filming videos. Many smartphones today have cameras with good enough resolution and stabilization to create professional-looking videos.
- Tripod: A tripod can help stabilize your camera and reduce camera shake, resulting in smoother and more professional-looking footage.
- Lighting: Good lighting can make a huge difference in the quality of your videos. Natural light is often the best option, but if you need to film indoors, consider investing in a ring light or other portable lighting options.
- Microphone: Built-in smartphone microphones can be adequate, but if you want to improve the audio quality of your videos, consider investing in a separate microphone.
- Video editing software: After filming, you’ll need to edit your videos to remove any mistakes or unnecessary footage. There are many free and low-cost video editing software options available, including iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, and Adobe Premiere Elements.
By using these tools and software options, you can create professional-looking videos with minimal investment.
Videos are an essential tool for real estate agents to reach potential clients and build their brand. By offering virtual property tours, neighborhood tours, client testimonials, expert advice and tips, and behind-the-scenes content, agents can showcase their expertise, establish trust, and drive more business. If you’re not already using video in your marketing efforts, now is the time to start shooting!